On 5/3/2024 2:54 PM, Aaron Conole wrote:
>  - Mykola has questions about submitting for a refactored PMD series
>    - Answered some live, referred to the guides in the documentation
>      as well.
>    - Plan to send a simpler version of the PMD
>      - Include any restrictions in docs
>    - Trying to understand the deadlines as well for the PMD
>      submissions
>      - Drivers generally get merged in -RC2
>      - Suggestion is to post patches early because reviews will take
>        some time.

We are having questions around best practices to submit a new PMD and we
don't have a comprehensive documentation around it. And this is
sometimes causing frustration.

I assume one of the reasons related to the missing documentation is, it
is hard to come with generalized guidelines. But by time, as maintainers
we had formed some best practices in our mind and I believe they are
mature enough to document.

That is why I suggest forming a new workgroup with tree maintainers, and
work on documenting process or best practices to submit a new PMD. This
can be a time bound workgroup and task, like one quarter/release.
What do you think?