> Hi Dmitry,
> I tried your settings tonight and the application VIRT memory is now 7.9G and
> is in the ball park, you are amazing.
>
> #define RTE_MAX_MEMSEG_LISTS 2
> #define RTE_MAX_MEMSEG_PER_LIST 1024
> #define RTE_MAX_MEM_MB_PER_LIST 2048
> #define RTE_MAX_MEMSEG_PER_TYPE 1024
> #define RTE_MAX_MEM_MB_PER_TYPE 2048
>
> There is no possibility to change these settings at run-time?  Maybe I
> asking too much?  Maybe would be something DPDK developers can consider?

DPDK has a general aim to convert options from compile-time to run-time.
However, these options would be considered in the last place if ever,
because high VIRT consumption has never been considered harmful before.
If you provide a detailed description of your use case
and explain how and why this interferes with your application needs,
the community can consider this rationale.
Technically, these options are easy to be made dynamic.