On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 10:07:51AM +0200, David Marchand wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 2:43 PM, David Marchand
> <david.marchand at 6wind.com> wrote:
> > - not storing the pci ids in a dedicated section anymore, pci drivers are
> >   exported and parsed by a quickly written (and naive) tool
>
> Rethinking about this, this part won't do.
> Stripping symbols breaks it, and I had to go some gymnastics to get
> the symbols, while having exported information sanitised as strings in
> a dedicated section constructed at build time would be saner.
> Yes, this really sounds like modinfo ...
>
> Volunteers ?
modinfo (or a tool likes it), requires more gymnastics in the actual code than
what we have.  It requires the auto-generation of extra c code that gets linked
into its own section (which implies the need for a linker script).

Not saying its a bad idea, its a pretty good one, just that its alot of work.

We might be able to do something a bit more simple, perhaps convert the macros
to strings that we can extract with a tool?  not sure

Neil