On 02/14/2016 01:38 AM, Matthew Hall wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found a peculiarity in the vm_power_manager example on DPDK 2.2 if you use
> an installed copy of DPDK to compile the examples instead of the master copy
> (while trying to update some outdated stuff in my build system).
>
> mhall at mvs-01:~/dpdk/examples/vm_power_manager$ fgrep -ir channel_commands
> *.{c,h}
> channel_manager.c:#include "channel_commands.h"
> channel_monitor.c:#include "channel_commands.h"
> vm_power_cli.c:#include "channel_commands.h"
> channel_manager.h:#include "channel_commands.h"
>
> It appears a bunch of these files are trying to pull in this special header
> from here:
>
> /home/mhall/src/sdn_sensor/external/dpdk/lib/librte_power/channel_commands.h
>
> However this file is never copied into the include directions in the
> installed copy. So this example fails to build.
>
> Did anybody run into this before?

Yes, the problem exists at least since DPDK 2.1 but somehow never
remembered to report / do something about it.

Basically either vm_power_manager example is messing with things its not
supposed to, or librte_power library isn't exporting everything needed
to fully use the it. Unfortunately both the library and the example are
lacking a maintainer :-/

        - Panu -