2016-10-25 14:32, Ramia, Kannan Babu:
> I didn't get your question. The only information exchanged between the stages
> is mbuf pointer. So the information has to be in mbuf, whether it's part of
> Meta or in private area in the packet buffer headroom is that the question
> you are asking. The private area is application specific, while I am looking
> for the port information getting updated from driver to application and it's
> generic to multiple applications.

Thanks, your answer is perfect (except it is top-posted ;)

The discussion is more about performance. So you agree that the port
information is not performance sensitive.
It appears that it could be an information filled in a private area
at app-level, because the application knows which port it is polling.
However we may need a way to put some generic informations somewhere,
not in the first cache lines.