> On Oct 27, 2016, at 6:33 AM, Padam Jeet Singh <padam.singh at inventum.net>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am crafting a packet in which the source MAC address as set in the Ethernet
> header is different than the transmit port?s default MAC address. A packet
> capture of the packets coming out of this port however comes with source MAC
> address of the port?s default MAC address.
>
> Altering the destination MAC address works fine and shows up correctly in
> packet capture.
>
> The underlying network interface is an i210 and some logs added to the
> eth_igb_xmit_pkts function show that the packets I have crafted indeed are
> reaching the driver with the source MAC address set in the packet code of the
> application.
>
> How can I disable this automatic source MAC address setting?

The packets sent with rte_eth_tx_burst() are not forced to a give MAC address.
If you are using something on top of DPDK like Pktgen or OVS or something, then
it may try to force a source MAC address. Maybe the hardware does it, but we
need to know the NIC being used and then someone maybe able to answer. I do not
know of any Intel NICs do that.

Is this what you are doing.

> Thanks,
> Padam