Hi all,

Being a big fan of strong typing, I really like the concept of explicit endian
types. Especially if type mismatches can be caught at compile time.

However, I think it is too late! That train left the station when the rest of
the world - including libraries and headers that might be linked with a DPDK
application - decided to use implicit big endian types for network protocols,
and has been doing so for decades. And, with all respect, I don't think the
DPDK community has the momentum required to change this tradition outside the
community.

Furthermore: If not enforced throughout DPDK (and beyond), it might confuse
more than it helps.

Med venlig hilsen / kind regards
- Morten Brørup