On Monday 09 January 2017 11:12 PM, Ferruh Yigit wrote:
On 12/29/2016 5:16 AM, Shreyansh Jain wrote:
 ** Sending v3 on behalf of Hemant Agrawal **

<...>

Hi,

Getting compile error for shared library [1] build.
Not investigated, copying here.

Thanks,
ferruh

[1]
== Build drivers/net/dpaa2
  LD librte_pmd_dpaa2.so.1.1
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lrte_pmd_dpaa2_qbman
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lrte_pmd_dpaa2_pool

I think this would be coming for parallel builds. Serial build for shared library is working as far as I know. For parallel, somehow the rte_pmd_dpaa2_qbman dependency for net/dpaa2 is not getting clearly defined because of which net/dpaa2 linking is attempted even before rte_pmd_dpaa2_qbman is ready.

I found that this might be because of the way scripts/depdirs-rule.sh forms the common-est directory. It works fine when dependent libraries are within lib/*, but when a drivers/net is dependent on driver/common or driver/bus, it somehow isn't working.

I am still investigating this.

-
Shreyansh