On 15-Jan-18 12:22 PM, Jonas Pfefferle wrote:

  On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 23:49:30 +0100
  Thomas Monjalon <tho...@monjalon.net> wrote:
13/01/2018 13:15, Burakov, Anatoly:
On 11-Jan-18 11:45 PM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 07/11/2017 10:50, Jonas Pfefferle1:
>>> Is there something urgent for 17.11?
>>> Or can it be refined in 18.02?
>>
>> Nothing urgent. We can refine this for 18.02.
>>
>>> Anatoly, any thought?
> > Anatoly, Jonas, how do you want to proceed with this patch?

I don't see anything to be refined here, it's a simple bug fix - code assumes noiommu mode support is always available, when it might not be the case on older kernels.

As a bug fix, the title must start with "fix" and a tag "Fixes:"
must be added to help with backport.
At the same time, the explanation of the bug must be added in
the commit log please.

Thanks

It's not really a bug fix since it does not change the semantic of the function but just adds nicer error handling.

Well, as far as i can tell, it *does* change semantics - previously, if noiommu mode file was not found, we returned -1, now we return 0.

--
Thanks,
Anatoly