Thanks Venki. I did and it went ahead one more step but now it cannot
figure out the maprdb type; Marked below in bold.

I googled it but not much relevant information was found. I wonder if you
could suggest a direction to look into it.

(com.mapr.baseutils.cldbutils.CLDBRpcCommonUtils).
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for
more info.
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.drill.exec.exception.DrillbitStartupException: Failure during
initial startup of Drillbit.
        at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.start(Drillbit.java:87)
        at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.start(Drillbit.java:66)
        at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.main(Drillbit.java:166)
*Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: Could not resolve type
id 'maprdb' into a subtype of [simple type, class
org.apache.drill.common.logical.FormatPluginConfig]*
 at [Source: [B@927297a; line: 55, column: 7] (through reference chain:
org.apache.drill.exec.store.dfs.FileSystemConfig["formats"]->java.util.LinkedHashMap["maprdb"])
        at
org.apache.drill.exec.store.sys.zk.ZkAbstractStore$Iter$DeferredEntry.getValue(ZkAbstractStore.java:197)
        at
org.apache.drill.exec.store.StoragePluginRegistry.createPlugins(StoragePluginRegistry.java:168)
        at
org.apache.drill.exec.store.StoragePluginRegistry.init(StoragePluginRegistry.java:132)
        at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.run(Drillbit.java:244)
        at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.start(Drillbit.java:84)
        ... 2 more
Caused by: com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: Could not
resolve type id 'maprdb' into a subtype of [simple type, class
org.apache.drill.common.logical.FormatPluginConfig]
 at [Source: [B@927297a; line: 55, column: 7] (through reference chain:
org.apache.drill.exec.store.dfs.FileSystemConfig["formats"]->java.util.LinkedHashMap["maprdb"])
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException.from(JsonMappingException.java:148)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.DeserializationContext.unknownTypeException(DeserializationContext.java:849)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.jsontype.impl.TypeDeserializerBase._findDeserializer(TypeDeserializerBase.java:167)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.jsontype.impl.AsPropertyTypeDeserializer._deserializeTypedForId(AsPropertyTypeDeserializer.java:99)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.jsontype.impl.AsPropertyTypeDeserializer.deserializeTypedFromObject(AsPropertyTypeDeserializer.java:84)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.AbstractDeserializer.deserializeWithType(AbstractDeserializer.java:132)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.MapDeserializer._readAndBindStringMap(MapDeserializer.java:453)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.MapDeserializer.deserialize(MapDeserializer.java:311)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.MapDeserializer.deserialize(MapDeserializer.java:26)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.SettableBeanProperty.deserialize(SettableBeanProperty.java:538)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.impl.FieldProperty.deserializeAndSet(FieldProperty.java:106)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer.vanillaDeserialize(BeanDeserializer.java:238)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer._deserializeOther(BeanDeserializer.java:151)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer.deserialize(BeanDeserializer.java:126)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.jsontype.impl.AsPropertyTypeDeserializer._deserializeTypedForId(AsPropertyTypeDeserializer.java:113)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.jsontype.impl.AsPropertyTypeDeserializer.deserializeTypedFromObject(AsPropertyTypeDeserializer.java:84)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.AbstractDeserializer.deserializeWithType(AbstractDeserializer.java:132)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.impl.TypeWrappedDeserializer.deserialize(TypeWrappedDeserializer.java:41)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectReader._bindAndClose(ObjectReader.java:1269)
        at
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectReader.readValue(ObjectReader.java:912)
        at
org.apache.drill.exec.store.sys.serialize.JacksonSerializer.deserialize(JacksonSerializer.java:44)
        at
org.apache.drill.exec.store.sys.zk.ZkAbstractStore$Iter$DeferredEntry.getValue(ZkAbstractStore.java:195)

Thanks,
Alex