I suggest you include the java-exec tests artifact.  You can then create a
simple test by extending BaseTestQuery [1] and calling newTest().  That has
decent javadocs to get you started.  To see an example usage, take a look
at TestExampleQueries [2] from the Drill codebase.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/master/exec/java-exec/src/test/java/org/apache/drill/BaseTestQuery.java
[2]
https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/master/exec/java-exec/src/test/java/org/apache/drill/TestExampleQueries.java