Github user dsbos commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/116#issuecomment-137805930

    Okay, now I think I see what happened.

    First of all, you can now ignore that "Something ... broken ..." comment;
it's obsolete.  (Your patch no longer seems broken.)

    (At first I thought things didn't work, and added that comment.  Then I
noticed that I had a local version/build mismatch, and amended the comment to
say "hold on; I'm checking again," and tested again.  Then everything worked,
so I just deleted the comment from the GitHub review.  Next time I'll amend
rather than delete.)

    And now I recognize the "rebasing" reference:  I didn't mean rebasing like
rebasing on the latest version of master.  I was just mentioning that rebasing
was what I happened to use (as opposed to cherry-picking, merging, or other
patching), in case my choice there caused the apparent breakage, to apply
patches for DRILL-3347 and DRILL-3566 so I could try you patch with Spotfire
(with would have hit the DRILL-3347 and DRILL-3566 bugs).

    So ...

    Your patch seems good; Spotfire ran fine with it.

---
with INFRA.
---