I can work with my institution and the NSF that we committ the time on the
Beacon supercomputing cluster to Apache and the Drill project. Maybe 20
hours a month for 4-5 nodes.

I have discretionary hours that I can put in, and I can, with our
HPC admins, create deploy scripts on few clustered machines (these are all
very large boxes with 16 cores, 256 GB, 40gb IB interconnect, and
with local 1 TB SSD each). There is also Medusa 10 PB filesystem attached
but HDFS over local drives would probably be better.
They are otherwise just a regular machines, and run regular JVMs on Linux.

We can also get Rahul an access with a secure token to setup
and run stress/performance/integration tests for Drill. I can actually help
there as well. This can be automated to run tests and collect results.

I think that the only requirement would be that the JICS team be named for
commitment because both NSF/XSEDE and UT like to see the resources
being officially used and acknowledged. They are there to support open and
academic research; open source projects fit well.

If this sounds OK with the project PMCs, I can start the process of
allocation, accounts creation, setup.

I would also, as a CDO, of JICS sign whatever standard papers with
the Apache organization.

With all this being said, let me know please if this is something we want
to pursue.

Thank you,
Edmon