Hi Jocelyn,

I have used Tachyon as a caching layer for accessing S3 from Drill. It has
limitations but the latest release of Tachyon solves many of them (I have
not yet tested this).

I'm quite interested in what you are doing and it's relevant for my project
as well.

Please let me know if there is any development on your side and if you are
interested then I will share with you some basic documentation regarding
what needs to be done to connect the 3.

Regards,
 -Stefán