In terms of matching, it seems like people should be able to express the
portion of nodes that they match. If they want to match the file list
length but not the order, they should be able to express that. The
important part of a framework is to not require people to overly constrain
the output as that causes excessive test maintenance.

With regards to the plan, I think it would be good to take another pass and
how we make those as user-friendly as possible. For example, use column
names rather than ordinal positions in expressions and avoid using
toString. However, I think the only tests that should be related to that
should be test presentation tests (not planning tests).

--
Jacques Nadeau
CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio