Since the accounting changed (more accurate), the termination condition for
the sort operator will be different than before. In fact, this likely will
be sooner since our accounting is much larger than previously (since we
correctly consider the entire allocation rather than simply the used
allocation).

Hakim,
Steven and I were discussing the need to update the ExternalSort operator
to use the new allocator functionality to better manage its memory
envelope. Would you be interested in working on this since you seem to be
working with that code the most? Basically, it used to be that there was no
way the sort operator would be able to correctly detect a memory condition
and so it jumped through a bunch of hoops to try to figure out the
termination condition.With the transfer accounting in place, this code can
be greatly simplified to just use the current operator memory allocation.

--
Jacques Nadeau
CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio