Hello all,

I am going to begin work on a series of JIRAs [1] that were filed last
month around providing more information about cluster state in new system
tables. These new tables will enable some information that is already
available in the REST API and Web UI through the standard SQL interface.
This provides the added benefit of exposing all of this information to the
analytical capabilities of Drill itself.

Additionally this should give a nicer API to build the Web UI based on
going forward. Currently direct access to data structures inside of the
core Drill server is used to populate several of the JSON responses in the
Rest API and the pages in the Web UI, as we had not written other
client-facing interfaces for this information previously.

Please take a look at the proposed tables if you have an interest in this
feature and provide feedback on the JIRA discussion if you think that any
for the information should be organized or presented differently.

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-4258