Yes, to do authenticated requests, I create a session object with Python
requests, post creds to the login page, get the session cookies, and them
do the queries. I do not believe Drill supports just using basic auth.
This as far as I can tell is actually a good thing because forces you to
manage session cookie which allows you to issue multiple queries such as
use schema them your query, or configure session level options.

Not sure what you are using to connect,  Python requests is really simple.

John

--
Sent from my iThing