Hi,
[1] states that Drill uses Hazelcast as an embedded distributed cache to
distribute and store metadata and locality information.

However, when I cloned the git repository and looked into the code, it does
not look like Hazelcast is used, except for some unused variable
definitions and pom definitions.

I also found a resolved bug report on Hazelcast cluster membership [2].

May I know whether Hazelcast is currently used by Drill, and what does
exactly Drill achieve by using it? Relevant pointers to existing
discussions (if this was already discussed) or code location (if this was
indeed implemented in Drill) are also appreciated.

[1]
http://www.slideshare.net/Hadoop_Summit/understanding-the-value-and-architecture-of-apache-drill
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-489

Thank you.
Regards,
Pradeeban.
--
Pradeeban Kathiravelu.
PhD Researcher, Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate in Distributed Computing,

Blog: [Llovizna] http://kkpradeeban.blogspot.com/
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/kathiravelu-pradeeban/12/b6a/b03