Abdel -

I think I've seen this on a MapR cluster I run, especially on CTAS.  For
me, I have not brought it up because the cluster I am running on has some
serious personal issues (like being hardware that's near 7 years old, its a
test cluster) and given the "hard to reproduce" nature of the problem, I've
been reluctant to create noise. Given what you've described, it seems very
similar to CTAS hangs I've seen, but couldn't accurately reproduce.

This didn't add much to your post, but I wanted to give you a +1 for
outlining this potential problem.  Once I move to more robust hardware, and
I am in similar situations, I will post more verbose details from my side.

John