Github user jaltekruse commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/451#issuecomment-206989347

    Hey @magpierre Thanks for the work on this, we have had request for an XML
reader from a number of community members in the past.

    This is the right way to post your contribution, for some time now we have
been using pull requests instead of the Apache reviewboard instance.

    Could you write some unit tests and documentation about the types of
transformations you are doing to convert XML to JSON? I know that not all XML
concepts fit into JSON so it would be good to be explicit about what kind of
XML files this can support.

---
with INFRA.
---