Github user amansinha100 commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/462#issuecomment-210047513

    Right, the HashJoin and MergeJoin currently can handle one type of
comparison, not mixed...this is why when we have a join condition such as
t1.a1 = t2.a2  AND t2.b1 < t2.b2  then Drill planner currently will split it up
into equality join and the non-equality conditions.  The equality is handled by
the join operator while a new Filter node is added after the join to process
the non-equality.   I had created a JIRA to be able to handle both types of
comparisons in the join operator:  see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-3803.    Do you need this support
for this particular null equality join issue ?  I would have thought that your
rewrite rule would produce the IS NOT DISTINCT FROM condition, but not a mixed
condition.

---
with INFRA.
---