Hello all,

I finally got a chance to do some final minor fixes and merge the operator
unit test framework I posted a while back, thanks again to Path for doing a
review on it. There are still some enhancements I would like to add to make
the tests more flexible, but for examples of what can be done with the
current version please check out the tests that were included with the
patch [1]. Please don't hesitate to ask questions or suggest improvements.
I think that writing tests in smaller units like this could go a long way
in improving our coverage and ensure that we can write tests that
consistently cover a particular execution path, independent of the query
planner.

For anyone looking to get more familiar with how Drill executes operations,
these tests might be a little easier way to start getting antiquated with
the internals of Drill. The tests mock a number of the more complex parts
of the system and try to produce a minimal environment where a single
operation can run.

[1] -
https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/d93a3633815ed1c7efd6660eae62b7351a2c9739/exec/java-exec/src/test/java/org/apache/drill/exec/physical/unit/BasicPhysicalOpUnitTest.java

Jason Altekruse