Hi Tomer,

Thanks for your advice about creating a Hadoop FileSystem implementation. I
just finished a prototypical implementation of a Hadoop file system for Manta:
https://github.com/dekobon/hadoop-manta
<https://github.com/dekobon/hadoop-manta>

I see the example for enabling S3 with Apache Drill and I’ve verified that it
works. However, when I attempt to replicate the configuration of S3 for Manta,
I’m unable to get the Hadoop FileSystem driver to load. I’ve verified that the
FileSystem driver works in Hadoop by checking all of the hdfs dfs -* commands
and I’ve got a fair bit of automated testing around it.

What’s the magic to get it turned on with Drill? Do I need to do something to
make the jar load other than copy it into jars/3rdparty? Right now, I’m just
testing in drill-embedded for what it is worth.

Thanks,
Elijah Zupancic