Below is the proposed report for the August board meeting. Please provide
any comments/corrections -

-----------------------BEGIN
REPORT-------------------------------------------------------------

- Drill is a Schema-free SQL Query Engine for Hadoop, NoSQL and Cloud
Storage

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:

- Since the last board report, Drill has released version 1.7
- The focus of the releases continues to be on stability and performance.
- We've seen a nice trend in design discussions with developers writing
  detailed design documents that is leading to good feedback.
- Work is in progress on multiple features including dynamic loading of
UDF's,
  resource management with YARN, enhanced security, improved use of
  statistics, and performance of reading parquet files. A large part of
these
  are being done by new contributors.

## Health report:

- We are continuing to add new users at a steady pace with a healthy number
  of emails being posted by new users.
- The developer community has seen a small growth in the number of people
  providing new contributions both in code and in the discussions. As
indicated
  above, we hope to see larger contributions from some of the new
contributors.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 17 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Hanifi Gunes on Thu Feb 11 2016

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 28 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Hsuan-Yi Chu at Thu Apr 07 2016

## Releases:

 - 1.7.0 was released on Mon Jun 27 2016