Github user parthchandra commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/831

    The contrib directory is where we have, in the past, added new storage and
format plugins that are new and may not have been sufficiently tested.
    For this plugin, I think testing with pcap files from different sources
would be useful. [1,2] are useful sources for data that will test boundary
conditions. I tried on a file from [2] and got an NPE (didn't investigate the
cause). A random sample of files from [1] worked very nicely indeed, though I
didn't validate the output.
    You might have already done this level of testing; if so, I will withdraw
the suggestion.

    [1]
https://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures#Captures_used_in_Wireshark_testing
    [2] http://www.netresec.com/?page=PcapFiles