I intend to create a pull request, so I forked Drill on github and cloned
the repository locally on my machine.

I built the project by running
*mvn clean install -DskipTests*

Then I tried running the tests by running
*mvn clean install*

Then I started facing test failures. The first time, the following tests
failed:

Tests in error:

> TestClassTransformation.testJDKClassCompiler:73->compilationInnerClass:118
> »  ...
>   TestClassTransformation.testCompilationNoDebug:88 »  test timed out
> after 5000...
> *  TestCastFunctions.testToDateForTimeStamp:79 »  at position 0 column
> '`col`' mi...*
>   TestNewMathFunctions.testTrigoMathFunc:111->runTest:85 » ExecutionSetup
> Failur...
> *  TestNewDateFunctions.testIsDate:61 »  After matching 0 records, did not
> find e...*

I thought to run the tests again because I found a test case failing due to
a timeout, so after the second run, the following tests failed *again*:

Tests in error:
> *  TestCastFunctions.testToDateForTimeStamp:79 »  at position 0 column
> '`col`' mi...*
> *  TestNewDateFunctions.testIsDate:61 »  After matching 0 records, did not
> find e...*

Running tests take around half an hour and I was wondering if there is
something I need to setup or configure before I can run the tests and get
100% success rate since I haven't modified anything yet.

*Muhammad Gelbana*
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mgelbana