I don’t think it will be a lot of work to do so as the main changes (from the
Parquet branch) is related to passing direct buffers vs using Java heap.

FYI - I would also think that we should contribute to the Parquet code base so
that an abstraction is used on top of byte arrays (e.g., ByteBuffer) so that
Drill will not need to use a private Parquet branch. I guess the key is to
figure out why such an approach was not followed in the first place.

Regards,
Salim