Hi All,
Perhaps this topic needs just a bit more thought and discussion to avoid
working at cross purposes. I've outlined the issues, and a possible path
forward, in a comment to DRILL-6147.
Quick summary: creating a second batch size implementation just for Parquet
will be very difficult once we handle all the required use cases as spelled out
in the comment. We'd want to be very sure that we do, indeed, want to duplicate
this effort before we head down that route. Duplicating the effort means
repeating all the work done over the last six months to make the original
result set loader work, and the future work needed to maintain two parallel
systems. This is not a decision to make by default.
Thanks,
- Paul

    On Sunday, February 11, 2018, 12:10:58 AM PST, Parth Chandra