Github user ilooner commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1105

    @priteshm @arina-ielchiieva I should have updated this PR earlier this
week, here is my update. After reflecting on Arina's comments and reading some
more docs about how java implements volatile and synchronization, I think this
solution might not fix the original race condition. I need to to more reading
to get a better understanding. Additionally I realized there is another race
condition where two threads are simultaneously calling close and innerNext
which could cause a memory leak. Haven't had a chance to dig further this week,
so I will try to wrap this up next week.

---