@John Omernik <j...@omernik.com>
if I understood you correctly, new options were going to be added in
existing scripts, so users would have been calling, for example,
`drill-embedded` as usual.

Based on the feedback before moving to the new Sqlline version we would
expect the following to be fixed:
1. Customization in sqlline (
https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/issues/106).
2. Upgrade to jline3 (https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/issues/73)
[took a quick look, this one would require some re-write in sqlline,
packages, interfaces etc have changed]

@Parth Chandra <par...@apache.org>
could you please give an example about
{quote}
While we are at it, we could fix the (very annoying) behavior of SQLLine
where it tries to disconnect from the database even after the connect call
failed.
{quote}

I have updated https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-3853 with
relevant information.