Hello Drill Devs,
I have a question about UDFs.  Let's say you have a non-trivial UDF called
foo(x,y) which returns some value.  Assuming that if the arguments are the
same, the function foo() will return the same result, does Drill have any
optimizations to prevent running the non-trivial function?

I was thinking that it might make sense to cache the arguments and results in
memory and before the function is executed, check the cache to see if they're
there.  If they are, return the cached results, and if not, execute the
function.  I was thinking that for some functions, like date/time functions, we
might want to include something in the code to ensure that the results do not
get cached.

Thoughts?

Charles S. Givre CISSP
Data Scientist,