Exactly. I very much had in mind an "On the other hand" kind of document.

The super benefit of a non-threaded presentation is that if I advocate
something stupid due to an oversight on my part, I can go back and edit
away the stupid statement (since it shouldn't be part of the consensus) and
tag anybody who might have responded. I might even leave a note saying "You
might think X, but that isn't so because of Y" to help later readers.

That is all very, very hard to do in threaded discussions.