Hi Charles,

Could you please tell me, you said that you wanted a few pieces to be
wrapped up in the next release, what are they?

And another one mind, does the Drill have some breaking changes to release
it as Drill 2.0?
Of course, Calcite update is a significant update, but it is only one of
many changes that we wanted to make for release 2.0 (
https://github.com/apache/drill/wiki/Drill-2.0-Proposal). Maybe it has
sense to release the current Drill as 1.21.0 and don't make release 2.0
until we will make structural changes (
https://github.com/apache/drill/wiki/Drill-2.0-Proposal#project-structure-packaging-and-distribution
)?

Regards,
Maksym

On 2022/12/13 14:51:56 Charles Givre wrote:
> Hello all,
> We've been doing a lot of really great work on Drill in the last few
months, and I wanted to thank those who have been involved with releasing
the bug fix releases throughout the year.  With all that said, there's been
enormous progress on Drill 2.0 and while it isn't quite what we had
originally discussed, IMHO, it's time to get this in people's hands.

> The work that Vova did updating Drill to Calcite 1.32 and getting us off
of the fork has been a HUGE improvement in performance and stability.
Likewise the casting work that James T. did has made Drill significantly
more usable.  From my perspective, there are a few pieces that I'd like to
see wrapped up but I wanted to start the dialogue to see if we might be
able to get Drill 2.0 released either by the end of the year or early
January.  What do you think?