Hi Ravi,

After you git cloned the project, are you able to build it using *mvn clean
install **-DskipTests, *before importing into eclipse ? Also make sure your
eclipse java compiler and runtime are set to version 1.8

In case you are open to use intelliJ,  there are some guidelines on
intelliJ here
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/blob/master/INTELLIJ_SETUP.md.

Good luck,
Surekha