Since I accidentally injected some confusion I'll take it a step further.

We have doubly hermetically sealed environments. one docker file for the
Build and then it copies over to a minimalist image for the final
deployable image (using FROM and COPY --from ) .

Some of our tests are docker based as well to make sure there are not
conflicts in different places it might be run.