Sorry for my rather terse -1 vote. I had assumed that we had been
following the policy for a while, so when I noticed that we were not I
assumed it was a mistake by the release manager.

Actually I am not sure whether it is policy, but there's definitely a
strong case for including hashes. The point is this: we are voting on
artifacts, principally apache-druid-0.16.0-incubating-src.tar.gz.

Suppose we all vote on the current
apache-druid-0.16.0-incubating-src.tar.gz, the vote passes, and then
someone replaces it with a similar file that contains some bad stuff.
How are we to know whether that is the file we voted on?

Putting the file hash in the vote email guarantees that we are all
voting on the same set of artifacts, and that set of artifacts is
recorded.

I think you reversed the hashes (I got 0c4b71f0 for bin, 1f25c55e for
src), but that's close enough, so let's proceed.

+1 (binding)

Checked hashes, LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER; ran RAT; compiled
(skipping tests) using JDK 8 on Ubuntu. Checked that src.tar.gz
matches git commit.

Julian

Julian