Hi all,

Vadim and I have been working on a PR to replace and remove all of the old
coordinator and overlord web consoles with the new web console that is
currently only served from the router. The new console will operate with
the subset of functionality which is appropriate to each service type. This
new ui will be functionally equivalent to what was available, with the
exception of the segment timeline that is available on the newer old
coordinator console, which I believe Vad plans to add in a follow-up (there
is already a version of this on the new router web console). We think this
will give users a more consistent and coherent experience when operating
Druid, and it removes a rather large chunk of code from the code-base which
should make maintenance a lot easier on our end.

You can find the PR here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/pull/8838. We think this PR is
ready to merge, but wanted to ask the list if anyone has any concerns
before we move forward with this.

Cheers,
Clint