I don't have all the answers, but there are helpful notes in the README in
the integration-tests sub forlder. Some responses to your questions inline.
I think all the sections under
https://github.com/apache/druid/tree/master/integration-tests#tips--tricks-for-debugging-and-developing-integration-tests
will be useful.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 3:15 AM Chen Frank <frank.chen...@outlook.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> request from test. Following coordinator log shows that it took very long
> during first 3 log lines. Other nodes were also the same.
>
> Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 5006
> 2021-02-23T10:28:22,874 INFO [main]
> org.hibernate.validator.internal.util.Version - HV000001: Hibernate
> Validator 5.2.5.Final
> 2021-02-23T10:29:19,442 WARN [main]
> org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader - Unable to load native-hadoop
> library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
> 2021-02-23T10:29:42,797 INFO [main] org.apache.curator.utils.Compatibility
> - Running in ZooKeeper 3.4.x compatibility mode
> 2021-02-23T10:29:42,839 INFO [main] org.apache.curator.utils.Compatibility
> - Using emulated InjectSessionExpiration
> 2021-02-23T10:29:47,396 INFO [main]
> org.apache.druid.server.emitter.EmitterModule - Using emitter
> [NoopEmitter{}] for metrics and alerts, with dimensions
> [{version=0.21.0-SNAPSHOT}].
>
> This problem greatly causes long time to wait for execution of a test. The
> problem also exists when the nodes are started by manually executing
> docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml command.
>

> l  Problem 2.  There are lots of stack trace messages on the console
> showing that “Unable to canonicalize address 127.0.0.1/<unresolved>:2181
> because it's not resolvable”
>
> 2021-02-23T10:31:43,722 WARN [main-SendThread(127.0.0.1:2181)]
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn - Session 0x0 for server
> 127.0.0.1/<unresolved>:2181,
> unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to canonicalize address
> 127.0.0.1/<unresolved>:2181 because it's not resolvable
>         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.SaslServerPrincipal.getServerPrincipal(SaslServerPrincipal.java:65)
> ~[zookeeper-3.4.14.jar:3.4.14-4c25d480e66aadd371de8bd2fd8da255ac140bcf]
>         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.SaslServerPrincipal.getServerPrincipal(SaslServerPrincipal.java:41)
> ~[zookeeper-3.4.14.jar:3.4.14-4c25d480e66aadd371de8bd2fd8da255ac140bcf]
>         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.startConnect(ClientCnxn.java:1001)
> ~[zookeeper-3.4.14.jar:3.4.14-4c25d480e66aadd371de8bd2fd8da255ac140bcf]
>         at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1060)
> [zookeeper-3.4.14.jar:3.4.14-4c25d480e66aadd371de8bd2fd8da255ac140bcf]
>
> What happened and how to solve it so that the console is clean enough for
> me to find the real exception thrown by IT test ?
>

> l  Problem 3. Since my test failed, I wanted to check task logs to dig out
> what happed. But I did not find task logs in docker so I tried to visit
> router at http://localhost:8888 to see if task log could be found in
> 'Ingestion Tab' , but router requires username and password to
> authenticate. So, what is the username and password to access router web

https://github.com/apache/druid/blob/master/integration-tests/docker/environment-configs/common#L32
- This is described in the environment setup for the integration tests.
Could you update the README with instructions for how to find this type of
information.

> l  Problem 4. How to starts and debug an integration test in IntelliJ ? I
> tried, but it showed in console saying

This should help you with instructions on how to debug an integration test
https://github.com/apache/druid/tree/master/integration-tests#debugging-druid-while-running-tests