I agree it's a good time to do a release. Most of the release-manager steps
involve having commit privileges, but nevertheless, you might find it
interesting to read about the process:
https://github.com/apache/druid/blob/master/distribution/asf-release-process-guide.md

You've actually already done the first step: start a thread on the dev
list. The next part is we have a discussion & see if there's anything
critical we should get into this release before we branch it off.

Anyone have any comments on that?