+1, allowing CI to run without an explicit button push by committers will help
encourage new contributors.

The requirements seem OK. I looked through our repo and I don't see any
external actions (they are all in "github" or "actions").

We do have ".github/workflows/labeler.yml" that fires on pull_request_target
and does use GITHUB_TOKEN. However, that action doesn't run any code from the
PR itself, so I think it is fine. (The risk to me seems to be if the action
exports GITHUB_TOKEN, and runs code from the PR, then the PR can steal
GITHUB_TOKEN.)

Gian