> However, maintaining an external repo is a risk. The Dubbo community
> needs to keep a close eye on it and ensure that anything there is there
> for a good reason and that the repo is not abused as a way to bypass the
> ASF community.

Good suggestion, we will keep close eye to make sure these projects run in
the Apache way. In fact, we discuss these side projects here in @dev list
from time to time, and expect the community to contribute not only dubbo
rpc itself, but also any other area, as long as they are relevant to dubbo,
and as long as they are valuable to the users. In short word, we want to
keep core clean, but develop eco rich.

Just as Mark said, we keep them in a separated place for the sound reasons,
sometimes because they are too niche, sometimes because they are not
mature, but we plan to move any of them in to incubate under ASF with no
hesitate when we feel any of them is ready. Right now, all dubbo Apache
committers are members of dubbo group. We do hope to run this group in the
way of other Apache's project.

Mark and Justin, I will invite you into dubbo group, pls. look into dubbo
group closer and give us any advice if you see anything inappropriate.