Hi,

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 2:37 PM chenwei qi <qichenwei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>

> Normally there will be about 200-300 attendees at Dubbo Meetup. Despite the
> fact that we have Q&A during each session, we have very limited two-way
> communication between the attendees and the Dubbo Community.

I've been to the Hangzhou meetup before, I feel that in such a place
with so many people there, it is very difficult to collect requirement
to users.

> Do you think we can have an [End User Discussion] at Guangzhou Meetup, so
> we can have deeper communication and get more feedback from Dubbo users?

+1

We need a place where we can have talk deeply with the users, like:
- How they use Dubbo
- What problems did they face
- What should be improved for Dubbo
- How to integrate Dubbo with other micro-service components

The question here are:

- how long will it be?
I think 1-2 hours looks good to me.
- how many user should be invited?
I think 20-30 people is enough, as you proposed before.
- who will be talking to the users?
I am suggesting the PMCs/committers, and other presenters that present
at this meetup, plus the event organizers (If they wish to)
Please count me in.
- how to choose such users?
>From the information provided by user registration[1](this form should
be discussed on the list next time), what I can think is:
a) the daily average Dubbo RPC invocations in production system in
their company.
We may choose from different scales, small scale, middle scale, large
scale, each represents a layer of users
b) how long are they using Dubbo?
We may choose from fresh users, senior users, expertise, etc.
- how to notify them?
SMS, email?

Please add your expected criteria as well.

Another way is just using Random selection for fairness.

How do others think?

We need to make the decision ASAP since it is very close to the event.

[1] http://www.huodongxing.com/event/8472393517111

--
Best Regards!
Huxing