From: Daniel Zhou [mailto:daniel.z...@dataguise.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:28 PM
To: dev@eagle.incubator.apache.org; Nagalkar, Sanjay Contractor
Subject: RE: Policy Alerts are not generated in Eagle

Hi, Nagalkar

Could you check if your Kafka works ? Use these steps:

1.       Create a topic:

bin/kafka-topics.sh --create --zookeeper localhost:2181 --replication-factor 1
--partitions 1 --topic test

2.       Check if topic  “test” is created:

bin/kafka-topics.sh --list --zookeeper localhost:2181

3.       Open a terminal and use producer to send message:

bin/kafka-console-producer.sh --broker-list hostname:6667 --topic test

// then type some messages

4.       Open another terminal and see if consumer get the message:

bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --zookeeper localhost:2181 --topic test
--from-beginning

// check if messages received
If no messages received, you need to double check the setting of Kafka.

Regards,
Daniel