“Apache" has to be present, and so does “incubating”, and your version number
should not start with “v". As for the order of words, I did a search[1] for
recent releases and there’s no clear standard:

* Apache Taverna Command-line 3.1.0-incubating
* Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.0.1-incubating
* Apache Slider 0.91.0-incubating
* Apache Atlas version 0.7-incubating

I think I’d go with “Apache Eagle x.y.z-incubating” as the release name. I’d
refer to the project as “Apache Eagle (incubating)” on first mention and
“Eagle” thereafter.

Julian

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/list.html?gene...@incubator.apache.org:lte=1M:release

> [...]
> vX.Y.Z (incubator)", now looking at your suggestions, it seems we can use
> the latter (with "incubator" enclosed by brackets), am I correct?
>
> Next, I'll change the dir name inside the tar, modify release note
> head-line, highlight the building requirement of npm in README.md, add
> LICENSE to asf_logo.svg, they could be done shortly. As to branding issues,
> it may take some time to detect and change all the clauses. I'll raise
> another VOTE for rc2 when they are all done.
>
> Thank you.
> Michael
>
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 6:21 AM, Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Downloaded, built successfully using JDK 1.7 on OS X. Checked signatures,
>> license, notice.
>>
>> The directory inside the tar file is called
>> apache-eagle-0.4.0-incubating-src-rc1. I would name it
>> apache-eagle-0.4.0-incubating-src, because when it is released it will be a
>> release, not a release candidate.
>>
>> The first line of the release notes doesn’t meet branding guidelines:
>> "Release Notes - Eagle - Version v0.4.0” should be "Release Notes - Apache
>> Eagle 0.4.0 (integrating)”
>>
>> The first build failed because npm was not installed. You should probably
>> mention that in README.md.
>>
>> I ran apache-rat and got one failure: eagle-docs/images/asf_logo.svg.
>>
>> -1 because of the branding issues. It would be nice if you fixed the other
>> issues this release, but it would be OK if you fixed them in the previous
>> release.
>>
>> Julian
>>

>>> On Jun 30, 2016, at 7:55 AM, Michael Wu <mchl....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> This is a release vote for Apache Incubator Eagle, version 0.4.0, release
>>> candidate 1.
>>>
>>> Highlighted changes in this release are as the following:
>>> * JBDC Metadata Storage Extension
>>> * Topology management in remote mode including start/stop/status
>>> operations
>>> * Auditlogparser for MapR's audit log
>>> * Oozie auditlog integration for Oozie security monitoring
>>> * Add applicaiton "maprFSAuditLog"
>>> * Refactor bin/eagle-sandbox-starter.sh to make it easier to use
>>>
>>> Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release.
>>>
>>> Here's the release note:
>>>
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-eagle.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG.txt;hb=refs/heads/branch-0.4
>>>
>>> The artifacts to be voted on are located at:
>>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/eagle/v0.4.0-incubating-rc1/
>>>
>>> The commit to be voted upon:
>>>
>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-eagle/commit/73c8e023bd2c9d620c4938773fa147756f48ce0a
>>>
>>> Release tag is:
>>>
>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-eagle/releases/tag/v0.4.0-incubating-rc1
>>>
>>> Release artifacts are signed with the following key:
>>> http://people.apache.org/keys/committer/mw.asc
>>>
>>> The hashes of the artifacts are as follows:
>>> apache-eagle-0.4.0-incubating-src-rc1.tar.gz.md5:
>>> d22c91d7eb6a0c5a9067b2ae69f98bfe
>>> apache-eagle-0.4.0-incubating-src-rc1.tar.gz.sha1: