Hi inline

沈毅 <shenyi....@gmail.com> 于2019年8月25日周日 下午9:26写道:

> Thanks Sheng. The suggestions are very helpful!
>
> We faced a lot issues when changing from a normal GitHub project to an
> Apache Project. But we didn’t take enough effort to solve these issues.
> There is no excuse for that. We should take it much more seriously.

As I mentioned in IPMC(private), the whole point of the incubating is *NOT*
`*mentor/IPMC pick the wrong things, and PPMC reacts and fix*`.
It is about *learning Apache Way*, how to do and why they are required.
This the key.
All the list I mentioned is just my 5 hours review, my knowledge is also
limited, the list could be right or wrong,
but *the real goal is PPMC could get their own list, discuss with mentors
and have their understanding and actions*.

> In the next months we will make changed fix the issues you and other
> mentors pointed out.
>
> Here are my explains on some of these issues.
>
> 1. All plans and progress about the coming versions will be discussed in
> the mailing list. And developers will be guided to the mailing list to
> discuss with us
>
> 2. We will remove the Chinese option in the issue template and guide
> developers using English to describe the issues.
>
> 3. We will redirect from echarts.baidu.com to echarts.apache.org ASAP
> when the speed problem is solved. Wenli will focus on this issue

I think echarts.baidu.com should not exist, for me, this is a serious
branding issue. Look like Baidu is still holding the project and IP, even
with the redirect.
Anyway, still I could be wrong, you should ask your mentors, and learn how
to request for help from the Foundation.

> 4. Community build is a very serious issue for us currently. It is not a
> issue can be solved in months. We should take more actions on encouraging
> developers making contributions.

This is not an issue to be solved, this is the thing how open source
project works, showing in many different ways.
Community over codes is the one key in Apache. I think I am clear in my
list.
If this concern could not be eased dramatically, the whole incubating is
still not working.
This is not just about the metrics I mentioned, it is about
mentor/IPMC/community feeling. How you build the community.

> 6. Me and Shuang will take the responsibility on the release discussing
> and planning.
>
> 9.  We did not follow the git flow. Release branch is the branch same with
> the latest release and Master is the developing branch. We are going to
> start the vote on the next release in next week. It’s a bit confusing and
> we will discuss about migrating to the git flow.

That is tech. level issue, which depends on your project. I just remind it
is unusual, and most likely blocking the potential contributor. Because
they even don't know how to start.

Sheng Wu 吴晟

Apache SkyWalking, Apache ShardingSphere(Incubating), Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108