If you consider adding such option in future I will very grateful to ECharts team.

My usecase can be found here - https://pgstats.dev

Labels and blocks are linked using invisible links. With ECharts 4 when focusing on diagram item, all linked (adjacent) items also focused too and links become visible. After upgrade to ECharts 5 I've lost such behavior, but fortunately it is not critical. So if this option will appear again it will be good; if not - it is also ok, and not an issue.

Regards, Alexey