Hi Aman,
We really appreciate your help fixing this issue.

"series.decal" should always override "aria.decal", no matter which series
type
it is. Otherwise, it should be a bug.

"setVisual" is done in [1]. I think it should be helpful for you to know
about the original
PR [2] that first supported decal.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/echarts/pull/13304/files#diff-e7e7997e473afef1bc37e4c0baacf4195ac0be6420e0feda1875b871632483e8R133