The Apache Edgent project is pleased to announce release 1.2.0-incubating!

Apache Edgent is a stream processing programming model and lightweight
micro-kernel style runtime to execute analytics at devices on the edge or
at the
gateway.

Since the release of Apache Edgent 1.1.0 we have worked greatly on improving
the build. Not only in order to make it easier to release Edgent it also
simplifies
onboarding of new committers as well as using Apache Edgent. As an
additional
result of this effort now almost all artifacts are available as Java 8 but
also as
Java 7 and Android versions.

This is the first release of Apache Edgent to be built with Maven and hereby
provide all Edgent artifacts via the usual Maven distribution mechanisms.

Besides the build system changes, we have added a number of bug fixes and
enhancements.

Starting with Apache Edgent 1.2.0 the samples have also been moved to a
separate GIT repository [1]

Visit the Apache Edgent website [2] for general information or
the downloads page [3] for release notes and download information.

Regards,
The Apache Edgent team

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent-samples.git
[2] https://edgent.apache.org/