No problems ... I just thought I'd start one as I didn't see any response .
Better to have two options than none ;-)

Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen

Von: Dale LaBossiere
Gesendet: Montag, 5. Februar, 17:02
Betreff: Re: [DRAFT] January Podling Report
An: dev@edgent.apache.org

Hmm… I sent a draft on Jan 30th and was planning on submitting it today.
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c23ae4d7536e911b10668de205e435bb171c529d96df4a536fd1ddcc@%3Cdev.edgent.apache.org%3E
 But no worries. Maybe just merge some of the info into yours. — Dale > On Feb
5, 2018, at 6:33 AM, Christofer Dutz wrote: > > Hi all, > > So I whipped up a
report … hope I got the most important things in there … I added things since
November as this seems to have been our last report. > > ---------------- > >
Edgent > > Apache Edgent is a programming SDK and micro-kernel style runtime >
that can be embedded in gateways and small footprint edge devices enabling >
local, real-time, analytics on the continuous streams of data coming > from
equipment, vehicles, systems, appliances, devices and sensors of > all kinds
(for example, Raspberry Pis or smart phones). Working in > conjunction with
centralized analytic systems, Apache Edgent provides > efficient and timely
analytics across the whole IoT ecosystem: from the > center to the edge. > >
Edgent has been incubating since 2016-02-29. > > Three most important issues to
address in the move towards graduation: > > 1. Create and expand a diverse
community of contributors and committers > around the Edgent project. > 2.
Attracting at least another independent committer/ppmc member. > 3. Finding
further real world users of Edgent > > Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC)
or ASF Board wish/need to be > aware of? > > The new incubating project: Apache
PLC4X has bound quite a bit of the active > Edgent contributors for now. So
right now we haven’t been as active as in the months > before. This is due to
the fact that the affected contributors have been working > on an Edgent
integration module for PLC4X. As these activities will require less > attention
in the future we are hoping the adoption of PLC4X & Edgent to increase > the
user- and eventually contributor-base. > > How has the community developed
since the last report? > > > * Christofer Dutz demonstrated Apache Edgent
working together with Apache PLC4X at the IoT Hessen Meetup end of December > *
Christofer Dutz demonstrated Apache Edgent working together with Apache PLC4X
at Nortec Hamburg (Industrial fair) > * … > > How has the project developed
since the last report? > > > * Released Apache Edgent 1.2.0 as first Maven
built version > * A lot of effort has been put into ensuring the stability of
the test-results (There were some timing related failures in the past) > * We
have been working on simplifying the build and release process (Especially
reducing the number of manual operations) > * Two contributors/committers have
been very active in creating an integration module for Apache PLC4X > * … > > >
How would you assess the podling's maturity? > > Edgent is making slow but
consistent progress towards graduation. While we > don't yet meet the diversity
requirements, we put emphasis on community > growth through outreach which will
ultimately pave the way for additional > committers and contributors.
Especially in combination with Apache PLC4X we > are hoping to help grow the
community of both projects. > > Additionally, before we graduate it is
important that we find users > outside of IBM. As most Edgent committers are
employed by IBM, external > stakeholders help ensure long term contribution to
the project. > > [ ] Initial setup > [ ] Working towards first release > [X]
Community building > [ ] Nearing graduation > [ ] Other: > > Date of last
release: > > 2017-12-14 Apache Edgent 1.2.0 > > When were the last committers
or PPMC members elected? > > In August 2017, we added Christofer Dutz as a new
committer > and PPMC member. > >